Monday, January 30, 2006

Isidor Atnister unmasked



Look at this man. What does he look like to you? Could he be... a financial analyst? Yes. That's what he is. He's a financial analyst and one of the directors of a respected financial research firm in London.

But he has a secret, and I am about to reveal it to the world.

The man in the picture is Isidor Atnister, translator into Swedish of Joe Dever's excellent Lone Wolf fantasy choose-your-adventure books in the 1980s!

If I were him, I'd put it on my calling card.

[More blog entries about , , , ; , , .]

5 Comments:

Blogger Johan A said...

Tsk, was that supposed to have been a secret? ;-)

31 January, 2006 09:22  
Blogger Martin said...

Well, obviously not to you, being a Grand Master of the Bavarian Illumimasons and all.

31 January, 2006 09:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found quite a few Google-indexed images of this man. However, the man I searched for was Gabriel Stein, another of Äventyrsspel's translators. Are Gabriel Stein and Isidor Atnister the same person? (Why?)

Anders

01 February, 2007 00:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course Isidor Atnister and Gabriel Stein are one and the same. I never made much of a secret of that. The other psedudonym I used, Hator Frapp, was somewhat more secretive, since Frapp translated stuff that even Atnister found embarrassing - so to speak.

08 January, 2008 16:57  
Blogger Martin said...

Great to have you here, Gabriel! Mr. Frapp has two titles in the main Swedish bibliobase, LIBRIS. None of them appears prurient, but I guess you never know until you've read 'em...

08 January, 2008 22:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker